gets too many scholarships from school… ends up being bad because my daniel’s scholarship now gives me less money for living.
Yearning to just run away from reality a bit and book a plane out of Colorado…
one of the worst things about becoming educated on social issues is when people are like ‘you used to have a sense of humor’
no i used to have internalized prejudices which i’ve worked really hard to overcome and i realize now that your jokes are shitty
why iphones gotta take two million years to turn back on after they die like you plug em in and you’re all ready to start texting again but they’re like “nope. i gotta take some time for myself. figure out who i am. you hurt me too much the last time. let me think.”
- Stay High (Habits Remix)
*university voice* unfortunately… we have too much money… so we have to raise tuition so we can build a place to keep all the other money in… so sorry unavoidable
Just some things I feel like I need to improve myself on:
- Giving thanks. I think people need to be more appreciative of what others do for them. I am trying to make sure that I thank people whenever they have helped me out or someone else out because their kindness should be acknowledged. Plus, it helps make others feel more motivated and appreciated.
- Motivating others. I would not be where I am today without those who have helped motivate me to do great things. I am trying to be there for people and to just tell them “you can do it!” because they just need that little encouragement to get them through their day.
- Networking. Not only for myself, but for others. I think it’s super important to always share opportunities you have with others. Why be selfish and keep it to yourself. The way I see it is, if not me, why not you? Maybe I wasn’t fit for the position, but maybe a deserving friend would be perfect!
- Stop belittling myself. I have this problem where I always doubt myself and say things such as, “I really can’t do this. I’m not smart enough for this.” I’m starting to feel like my attitude about myself is really affecting how others feel about me too. I also feel as though it’s allowing them to step all over me and it’s made me feel not so good and I need to change that. Because, you know what? I am capable. If I can’t do it the first try, I take a step back and re-evaluate and then try again until I get it right. I am smart. I would have to be to make it this far and I may not be the smartest cookie, but I sure as hell work my ass off to try and be a smart cookie.
- Not allowing others to be bullied. Too many times have I just let someone be made fun of and just sat there wishing I could speak up. I want to be more rational and even though in the moment, it sucks to be the bitch who speaks up and tells others they’re wrong, it’s the right thing to do.
- Learning to budget even more. I need to learn how to get the most out of my penny. Any tips? :)
- Not spreading myself too thin. I need to be able to enjoy some Thuy time too. I feel like I’m being overwhelmed by work, school and extracurriculars that I don’t have enough time for myself. Yes I do enjoy company (a lot), but I also enjoy sitting in bed all day with Game of Thrones.
- Be more professional. Sometimes, I think I’m a little too silly. I’m trying to grow out of that. It’s very hard because that’s just who I am. I want to keep that aspect about myself, but still be able to be a professional. I want adults to look at me, eye to eye. I need to find a medium… am I too immature? I’m not sure. :/ I’m still trying to figure that out.
- Most important thing in my life, my family. I try to visit as much as I can. I try to make sure when I’m in Denver that I don’t go hang out too much because I want to be there for my family. I want to be there for my mom, my dad and my siblings. I try to stay in contact with my siblings as much as I can. Sometimes, I get caught up in life, but I’m trying really hard.
somehow managed to get my life together with only four hours of sleep #darealmvp
small things to do that make your mind feel clearer
- close all your internet tabs except the one you’re using
- delete all your text messages
- delete negative people from social networks
- throw some things away. just throw them away
- tidy your desk. make a blank surface
- drink 3 glasses of water
- open the curtains
- wash your face and brush your teeth